Vince Adon MCIArb, Director
Vince is an accredited Civil/Commercial Mediator and Mediation Advocate, member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and founder of London ADR. He is also a committee member of the National Mediation Providers Association (NMPA). His role involves forging strong domestic and international relationships in promoting mediation as an instrument of personal, organisational and judicial empowerment. Through the London ADR Mediation Awareness Programme (MAP), which aims to inform and educate the public about mediation, Vince gives regular talks to various sectors of society. His areas of mediation expertise include, but not limited to, disputes involving consumers, partnerships, charities, employment, breach of contract, campsite operators and caravan owners, community groups/local authorities, builders/contractors, companies/businesses, and projects.
Vince holds a Law degree with first class honours and also completed the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School. He has extensive legal experience and practices as a Consultant at Oakstead Solicitors, a city-based legal practice in London, where he advises on a wide range of matters including civil and commercial disputes, debt recovery, employment, landlord and tenant, family, contracts, project risk management, company formation and regulatory compliance.
As a mediator, Vince draws from his business, legal and community experience including deploying various techniques in understanding and unpicking the underlying issues in a dispute to facilitate a sustainable resolution. He brings to mediation, strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills, and a great sense of camaraderie, which helps parties to open up to the process, thereby enhancing their chance of reaching a settlement. He is particularly skilful in helping parties sift through their differences and to collaboratively find real solutions even in the most complex situations, through a facilitative mediation technique.
Vince’s interests outside his professional work include basketball, football, hiking, keeping fit, travelling and flying.
- Accredited Mediator, ADR Group
- Accredited Mediation Advocate, SCMA
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- LL.B Law, University of Hertfordshire
- A beginner’s guide to cross-border mediation - published by the Law Society (Civil Litigation Section), 2016
- Co-author, Nowhere to hide – at least for now, news article on the Football DataCo v Sportradar judgment, 2013
- Several articles on mediation including, Mediation is the future, what about lawyers? Revised ed., 2013
- Civil Mediation Council
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- West London Law Society
- Hertfordshire Law Society
- Board of Trustees, The Dojo UK