Iain Christie, Mediator & Trainer
Iain has been an accredited Mediator since 2005 and practices in Civil and Commercial, Family and Workplace mediation. He is also a former lawyer in HM Diplomatic Service, a barrister of 25 years call and a professional actor. This unusual combination of skills allows him to adapt the process of mediation to resolve a wide range of disputes. Using expertise gained from his training in conflict resolution, group facilitation and counselling, Iain can deploy the appropriate coaching and communication techniques to meet the clients’ needs, whether as a mediator or a trainer. His experience has ranged from representing the UK in high level negotiations at the United Nations to teaching mediation skills to sixth formers. He is Secretary of the Civil Mediation Council and a Director of IMPRESS, the Independent Monitor for the Press.
- Civil and Commercial Mediator, Regent’s College School of Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Workplace Mediator, Globis Ltd.
- Family Mediator, ADR Group
- Diploma training in Conflict Resolution, Group Facilitation and Counselling Skills, The Forgiveness Project
- Certified Imago Relationship Facilitator
- Certified Daring WayTM Facilitator.
- BA (Hons), Law, University of Durham
- Bar Finals, Inns of Court School of Law
- Author, Divergent Views of the European Commission and Court of Human Rights, European Human Rights Law Review  541
- Joint editor, The Law of Privacy and the Media, 2nd ed., Oxford University Press, 2011
- Contributor, Blackstone’s Guide to the Defamation Act 2013, Oxford University Press, 2013
- Secretary, Civil Mediation Council (CMC)
- Vice-Chair ADR Panel, Bar Council
- Associate Member, 5RB
- Bencher, Honourable Society of the Inner Temple